Dungeon23 1/2 - 1/8

 


For this week, we start right off the bat with our first faction: Mercs.  Leather armor, shortsword/shortbow, lazy but will work for coin.  Hired by McLeash, the notorious poacher.  All of this expanded faction information will be featured in the binder, which will be created at the end of the month.  Speaking of expanding on things, I'm not loving the tiny writing space in this notebook.  While it does drive me to be terse in my descriptions, it is a bit cramped, and doesn't have the space to write much in the way of evocative description.  I've started a note file on my phone where I can add to the room keys; I'll have to see the best way of including that with the finished product.  

Treasure: Basically none.  The Mercs looted everything already.  I tried to "show, not tell" this, with the statues in room 6 and then in room 7.  There is a jar of scorpion poison nestled with the spears in room 5, though.  Save vs poison, on success vomit for 1d4 rounds, on failure unconscious for 1d4 hours.  I tried to make it realistic.

Interactivity: We've got a staircase that goes down one level, a dumbwaiter that goes down to level 5 (The Palace of the Man Scorpion King), and the sky door in room 7, which leads out to the canyon wall.  In my expanded notes, I detail the ledge that leads along the canyon wall to other sky doors.  I'll make a exterior canyon wall map to show this in detail.  Also, in the kitchen, I changed the empty jars to make them contain "dark oils and funky vinegars," and the recipe tablet to contain recipes for two "delicacies," one of which contains (non-venomous) scorpion.  Kind of a stretch here, but if players cooked this up and sent it down the dumbwaiter in place of the raw plants Wally has been sending down, it would drive the Man Scorpions mad with rage and they would invade the first floor to kill the scorpion-harmers.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dungeon23 January Wrap-up

Dungeon23, 1/1/23 - 1/1/23